Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Visit
















This afternoon we made our way just down the road to Williams Tree Farm to visit Santa Claus. For those of you not from the Rockton area, Williams is one of those really big fun Christmas Tree farms with the shop, the cafe, the petting zoo, train rides, etc. The goal was to avoid the crowds around Santa at the mall so this made a great alternative. Dane knows who Santa is, he was fresh from his nap, and I had him all pumped up about sitting on Santa's lap and giving him "loves." But sure enough, as soon as we were within 30 feet of him, Dane froze up and clung white-knuckled to Daddy. I will say, Santa was very kind and pulled out all the stops to try and coax Dane into at least a quick picture. But Dane was not letting go of Dad. He agreed to a quick fist bump and accepted the candy Santa offered but that was all.


After that, we went outside and said hi to the animals and Steve followed me around the gift shop. I don't think it was to be polite, I think it was really to make sure I didn't buy anything. They also had a very new litter of puppies, I think laberdoodle, which ended up being the highlight of the trip for Dane and Steve.


Santa didn't ask us for a report but we think that the fact he gave Dane candy was a good sign that he already knew what a good boy he has been this year.

No comments: