Sunday, April 25, 2010

Growing bigger...

Dane has made some pretty big changes in the last week or so. You know the kind of small but significant changes that let you know he is done with one phase and entering into another? It's hard to describe because the changes are not necessarily official milestones but I think most parents will understand what I'm talking about. Here are some examples:
His hugs are bigger. With more physical development, his squeezes are tighter.He'll sit still long enough to complete a craft. Here's his art gallery.

He grew half and inch (documented) during one long nap.
  • Big helper... He has a strong desire to be a productive member of society. And don't give him a "fake" task to help with. Dane does not appreciate being patronized!


  • Dane now prefers eating at his kiddie table rather than his booster seat.

  • And, of course the biggie: He climbed out of his pack'n'play. This was a hard one for me not just logistically (I could shower/do laundry/run to the mailbox whenever I wanted) but emotionally as well. The night before Gotcha Day, my dear friends Sue Rockman and Gretchen Olson came over to help me get ready. Still in disbelief a baby would be coming to our house, the only thing I allowed them to do was put up a pack-n-play in the living room. Outside of his nursery, it was the first physical sign that there really was a baby coming. Taking it down was a tearful task for me.

To ease my suffering, Steve brought up my piano from the basement to put in its place. I'll post on that one later.

















1 comment:

Kris said...

These are BIG milestones, wow! I love the big hugs - we get hugs around here, but I'm excited for what you described. And the art gallery?! Awesome!!!

To be honest, I'm surprised the pack n play lasted this long!