Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Advent Tradition

Just like some of you, we have begun lighting our Advent candles this week. I know I put the wreath out last year but we were so preoccupied with being a new family that Dane wasn't very into it.. This year he has discovered a fun new past time that Christian children around the world have enjoyed for generations (haha) - blowing out the Advent candles. Dane won't eat dinner because as soon as we light the candle and pray the blessing he starts trying to blow it out from his booster seat. He cracks himself up :)
His excitement around just the one candle made me smile knowing how thrilling FIVE candles will be when we get to Christmas Day. And not to get too deep, but I thought about what a wonderful example of the anticipation we should all have for Jesus' birth during Advent.

WARNING: unless you are a grandparent and think that everything Dane does is brilliant and/or precious this may not be the most exciting 35 seconds to watch :)

No comments: