Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms I know that are reading this, especially mine! All of your encouragement and advice has helped to make me a better mom and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Mother's Day always brings thoughts and questions about Dane's birthmom to mind. I wonder what she looks like, how she's doing, if she sits with her legs crossed like Dane, if she thought of him this past week on Parent's Day in Korea. I always pray for her but especially on Mother's Day because I wouldn't be a mother if it weren't for her.

Thoughts of his birthmom go hand-in-hand with thoughts and prayers for his amazing foster mother, Omma Ahn. It is her loving care and dedication to him that gave me this amazing, healthy, smiley, excessively social little boy. She seems more like an aunt or close family friend to me than a stranger. It wouldn't be Mother's Day for me without either of these precious women and they hold a very sacred place in my heart. We are bonded together forever in a way that can never be broken.

At our house, we started our Mother's Day with a big pancake breakfast then off to Dane's Sunday School class and church. That afternoon, all of the Millers came over for pizza (I invited everyone but made it clear that none of the women were cooking :). It was an extra special day because we all hadn't been together since the summertime. Dane had so much fun playing with his cousin Abi and showing off his silliness for Aunt Amy, Uncle Kevin, Grandma, and Grandpa. My goal was to get a cute picture of the two cousins together but they were having too much fun to stop playing and look at the camera. And, as usual, I totally forgot to get a picture of Dane and I together. Can someone please remind me to do this the next time I bother to put make-up on??

Happy Mother's Day!
Grandma didn't want to stop playing to take a picture either!
Abi and Dane

Dane loves for Abi to show him new ways to have fun in the sandbox!




3 comments:

Kara said...

I think of Brendan's foster and birth mom all the time too. Sounds like you had a fun mothers day.

Celeste and Tom said...

Happy Mother's Day to the Mom I share the joy of getting our sons!! Looks like you had a great day even if you did not get a picture together.

sue said...

i know what you mean about hair and make up! all the pictures of me look terrible! hee hee!