Friday, July 2, 2010

... And We're Back!

I apologize for such a long break from blogging! My only excuse is that we really like being outside! Here is a brief re-cap of the last month or so:

Memorial Day weekend we spent in the Quad-Cities with my parents. They have great zoo in the area so we took Dane for a fun visit. Here he is monkeying around with Grandpa Green:



The baby pool, albeit too small for Dane, has been a huge hit this year. Many afternoons he and our lab, Hoss, have great fun chasing each other in and out of the pool.



We began celebrating Father's Day the weekend before with my parents coming into town for the day. The Sunday of Father's Day the Miller clan came over for dinner and everyone had a great time. Here is Steve's dad with his two grandchildren.


Last week, we had the opportunity to participate in VBS at Rockford Korean Presbyterian Church. We had so much fun and made lots of new friends. But more importantly, it was a special time for Dane to be with other Koreans and hopefully begin to feel connected to and a part of the Korean-American community. I am so grateful to their wonderful families for welcoming Dane as one of their own. But to include me in their circle is a beyond anything I dreamed of when we adopted him. The picture below is Dane's class making their snack with his favorite Noona and my friend, Young, ready to help. Dane is at the bottom of the picture in the yellow plaid shirt. Lastly, and there be no pictures of this, I have started doing a Couch to 5K running program. The name is a pretty literal description of where I am beginning and the goal I hope to reach at the end of the summer. lol Since eliminating wheat from my diet this fall, my arthritis is pretty much non-existent and it feels soooo good to be active. My goal is to run the 5K for the Quad-City Marathon with Eileen and Jennifer in September. I have a long way to go but I am addicted!










































1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like you have been busy!

Congrats on starting the running program - good for you, Michele! That's so awesome that your arthritis is gone and you can be active again.