Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Festivities
























































I am sorry it's been so long since I've updated the blog! A side effect of winter blahs is general laziness :)

Dane had a fantastic Easter which began earlier in the week with our wonderful playgroup. Rachel Clausen organized an Easter Egg Hunt at Hononegah Forest Preserve for the kids that included an appearance from the Easter Bunny himself! The weather was sunny and warm and we picnic lunched afterwards. Dane totally "got it" with the Easter Egg Hunt this year and suddenly got a little greedy trying to grab two or three eggs at a time with his little hands. He even went as far as to steal candy from someone else's bucket. Maybe it's because he hadn't really tried chocolate before that moment...

What made this playgroup special was that Michelle and Alex came from Madison to join us! Steve and I met Stefan and Michelle at our "parent education" day when we were both waiting for our boys and learned we were at the exact same spot in paperwork. We were right next to each other on THE LIST and got our referrals just two days apart. Which, consequently, is the age difference of our Dane and their Alex. Mom and I found this out when we drove to Babies'R'Us in Madison to do a baby registry and who do we bump into at the front door but Stefan and Michelle, registering too! It was a fun moment to compare red chair pics and share in each other's excitement. Other than Facebook and blogs, we hadn't seen each other since that day at Babies'R'Us so it was a special moment to have our boys together. The chances of Dane and Alex being together in the ESWS nursery are extremely high so we like to believe they have been friends from the beginning.

Easter weekend we spent at Grandma and Grandpa Green's house in Moline. It was so fun spending time with friends and family! Saturday morning we played at the Voss's house. For those of you who don't know them, I am best friends with the oldest daughter, Eileen, and they have been my second family since the fourth grade. I love them dearly and there are few people who can make me laugh harder. Dane had tons of fun being silly with Kendall, Carson, Jack, and Adalynn while we ate Mrs. Voss's chocolate chips cookies (a tradition when I am in town) and caught up on hometown gossip.

When Dane woke up Easter Sunday morning I told him the Easter Bunny had left him presents in his Easter basket. It was so fun to watch him scoot down the stairs and race to his basket by the fireplace. The immediate favorite were the sunglasses, see picture.

We saw lots of old friends at church and then home for another Easter Egg Hunt in Grandma's backyard. My mom made a delicious ham dinner and then, with full bellies, we packed up and headed home.

No comments: